Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gateway Experience

Today I started the Gateway Experience (http://www.toolsforwellness.com/mt239cd.html). I will update this blog as to my progress. Today I tried the orientation tape and the intro to focus 10 tape.

Orientation tape:
It was a pleasant, relaxing experience and when I finished it I did feel very alert. It took me through focus 3 although I didn't really notice any discernible difference between when I was completely relaxed and when I was in focus 3. Most notable was just the alertness I felt when it was all done. It was also the first time that I have ever used humming to tune in my brain..... That was strange and I was apprehensive at first, but after I did it, it felt pretty interesting.

Intro to focus 10:
I must note that I was interrupted 2 minutes before I could complete it. It steps you through the 10 point total relaxation technique. I was certainly relaxed and I did end up "Clicking out" of the exercise. Clicking out is different than falling asleep, since you really don't notice any time lapse, you just kind of blink out for a few minutes. Once I came back into the exercise, I was EXTREMELY warm. My house was approx 65 degrees and I was only under 1 blanket. But I was seriously, uncomfortably warm. I could feel the sweat on my forehead and my entire core was just really warm. It ended up forcing me to take the blanket down off of my torso to cool off. I will try this exercise a few more times to try and consciously get through the entire exercise without interruption and without overheating. All in all, a very cool experience and I look forward to continuing with it.

No comments: